Gearing up off Road
Bike Green offer Gearing up off Road to secondary school pupils. It is an action packed and fun programme aimed at beginner and intermediate riders to develop the skills needed to safely and competently enjoy mountain biking.
As well as learning cycling skills participants will build confidence, develop teamwork and learn about respect and enjoyment for the outdoors. Some of the skills covered include; bike check and set up, getting on and off your bike, braking and controlling your speed, using gears, shifting your weight on the bike, awareness, cornering, front and rear wheel lift, trackstand, puncture repair and maintenance, cleaning and looking after your bike and most importantly putting all the skills together so that you can hit the trails!
Gearing up off Road is designed to be as flexible as possible with a variety of options available:
* One off taster sessions to give you a flavour of the programme
* Weekly over 6 to 9 weeks, with sessions lasting between 1 and 2 hours
* Camp, over a period of 2 to 5 days
* Split delivery, run as two distinct courses
1. Mountain bike skills course
2. Intermediate mountain bike skills course